Main: [armory]Zsarilya[/armory]
Alt 1: Elistrya
Alt 2: Ilyeina

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:49 -0800

Tanks: Fiadfiel, Hepatizon
Healers: Jorlena, sub (probably Aryeh)/Phinius, Kordun
DPS: Elsucio, Ikabod, Ktulu, Zahryn, Zsarilya

Plan: ICC or bust.

We did a lot of learning on Marrowgar and Deathwhisper, so we should be able to get them down much more quickly this week (unless we all forget everything). Gunship was relatively unscary as well. I'd like to see if Zahryn or Ikabod would be willing to take my place on the traveling team, since all that firing to other ships kind of gave my tummy a sad, but it was a small sad so if Zsari's best for it then I'll keep going.

I think we'll be able to get Saurfang down this week as well; we made a lot of progress during our attempts on Sunday. Rooting one add and focusing the other seemed to help keep things smooth and controlled, which means all we have to work on is speed.
Caldar
Sheep DoTing Extraordinaire
Main: Caldar
Alt 1: Nothing
Alt 2: Failure

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 01:29 -0800

Two thoughts on Saurfang, keeping Zsari on him fulltilme to keep up the 20% healing debuff constantly. I didn't look at the meter to see how much he healed for our 10% enrage, but would the 30% from MS have made the difference? And assuming so, does Els have the gear to run arms with comparable dps? (even if it is just for this fight) I think at best it would have saved us about 800k.

Not much I can think of changing otherwise. We had good add control. I think mainly keeping people alive whne they have the mark and another debuff is the biggest challenge. Esp since he heals 5% if someone dies with mark.
Zsarilya
Actually uses the Forums

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:32 -0800

I know Elsucio already has two specs. I don't know anything about gearing warriors beyond "Cloth is bad and you don't want Intellect," though, so I'm not sure about Arms gear.

Also, I'm in favor of any plan that gives me less stuff to pay attention to. ;) I can pewpew Saurfang as much as y'all want, long as you don't need my Mind Flay on the nombeasts.
Caldar

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:50 -0800

Using the method we did for the last few tries I think we should be able to down them with you staying in the boss. Our raid makeup makes this fight a bit difficult but I have no doubt we will get it.

I think we have a solid method that fits our group, we juust need everyone up the entire fight and to kick the dps up a bit. I don't think we can afford to go two healers for more dps as we were having people owned when they had mark + anything else.
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 03:15 -0800

I'm just a sub but I'ma chime in since I helped heal last night.

The fight feels a little overtuned as far as how healing goes. Normally, I'd just blame it on being a shitty healer but I kept up okay with Dulc and Kor last night so I actually don't think it was my fault for once :P I'm not sure if there is a strategy adjustment you can make to make healing easier, but the issue seemed to be largely healing (yeah, add control at first, but you guys had that down by the end). It's easy to heal at the start, but once the Marks start going out, it gets pretty tough.

I know with me, the hardest issue was time. Even mostly spamming LHW with a lot of haste gear, it just felt more like I couldn't get out heals fast enough (in contrast to getting heals out in a timely fashion but them not being large enough to "catch up"). I'd swap to heal someone who had taken a bit of damage and the marked person would drop. At least one time, I put a heal on the mark, switched to someone else for just on LHW, and they died just in the brief window before I switched back.

Once the Mark came out, I was basically into a stiff rotation LHW Mark > Riptide Mark > CH tank > repeat, which worked great most of the time... until another Mark was added or someone else started taking damage, then it all just went to hell. I just didn't have enough time to bounce around between more than two targets. And forget HW :P

I am curious about the overheal from last night; I wonder if once we got to two marks, all of us were choosing the same person at the same time, and wasting heals on one person while the other died. I know on at least one occasion, I dropped a heal on Ktulu with the mark, only to have Eli die (you both had it at that point). I don't think there was a single attempt where we kept up two Marked people for longer than a few seconds, although there were several where we managed to keep up one marked person for a good length of time.

(I did have OOM issues in some of the longer attempts, but once I stopped using frost shock to help with adds and made an effort to be more conservative with heals early in the fight when damage is lighter, it seemed okay. Phin won't have even that issue, I'm sure, since he is Disc)

I wonder if it might be worth it to assign one person to handle the marks exclusively once you get to that point. Have Jorlena keep HoTs rolling on everyone, while Kor drops big heals and Phin handles the tank with the help of Kor's beacon? I'm not sure how much of the problem was all of us jumping to the same target at once, but that might have been the issue.
Image Image
Elsucio
Main: Elsucio
Alt 1: Endo
Alt 2: Palbundy

Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:19 -0800

Currently I am specced Prot and Fury (although looking at recount, perhaps Mildly Irritated would more appropos than Fury) but I have no problem going Arms for the Saurfang fight.

I'll do some research at EJ and whatnot to figure out a viable raiding spec and, other than a single 2H weapon (which I have in the bank), I believe the gearing is about the same for both (*disclaimer - I have not looked in to it at all yet so please keep the no mocking rule in effect if I just shoved my hoof in my mouth with the same gear comment :wowza: )

I will respec and spend some time at the training dummies and random heroics working on a rotation and see if the DPS drop off is so severe that it offsets the MS debuff.

Oh, and please send me mats for whatever potions & elixirs we need. I'd be happy to cook some up myself but I am sorely low on flowery type reagents since we haven't been spanking Freya around for a while.
Duh, WINNING
Orin
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Orinpaleeye
Alt 1: Lightsear
Alt 2: Fiadfiel

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:34 -0800

Considering that the x-holiday is fast approaching and the New year quickly follows, what are people's schedules for the next 2 weeks?
Citrus Samaritan
Dulcea
Actually uses the Forums
Main: [armory]Dulcea[/armory]
Alt 1: Kalistaa
Alt 2: Cassalynda

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:49 -0800

For the nights we raid, I'm free...pretty much indefinitely.

Well, unless another MUST SEE episode of Criminal Minds airs. >.>
Meddle not in a Dulcea's affairs for you are crunchy and my owl is hungry.
Caldar

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:52 -0800

I have no conflicts with any of the days.
Zsarilya
Actually uses the Forums

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:04 -0800

12/27 is my birthday and I will be out. Fiad will also be out. Taking me to dinner. Otherwise I'm good whenever.
korhath
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Korhath
Alt 1: Kordun

Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:21 -0800

I have no conflicts
Taius
Main: Taius
Alt 1: Julen

Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:28 -0800

As it turns out, with Cassie's family in town, I am about to be dragged away for social downtown lights things as we speak. I hate to give the short notice, but I received it as well. I don't expect that I'll be back in time for raid tonight, unfortunately. -_- I'll definitely be here Wednesday, though. I have reminded parties involved that I have plans that night (raid!) and so it cannot happen again like it is tonight. Sorry again for my absence. Best of luck, folks.

Sunday after Christmas is a go, by the way.
Zsarilya
Actually uses the Forums

Sun, 20 Dec 2009 08:29 -0800

Taius wrote:Sunday after Christmas is a go, by the way.
Good thing, as I think you might be running the show. ;) Fiad and I will be out for my b-day.