Moderators: Orin, MCA Moderator

Orin
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Orinpaleeye
Alt 1: Lightsear
Alt 2: Fiadfiel

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:53 -0700

Current plan:
1. Start at Descent Tuesday for a bit of a change-up. Kill Wyrmbreaker and the twins.
2. Next to BWD. Take out Magmaw, Tron Council, Maloriak, Chimaeron.
3. Learn Atrameides.

Note: If we get Atrameides down this week, we will look at either Nefarion or the Bastion Council fight.

REMINDER: put up your wish lists!

I will not yet post a full roster, but I will post our regulars for loot purposes (in no meaningful order).

1. Orin
2. Ilyenia
3. Korhath
4. Stoneweaver
5. Elsucio
6. Silversirea
7. Dukat
8. Stympi
9. Feandah (grats!)
Sub: Norrma?

Any questions?

-Orin

Also: Atramedes strategy in general:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76_r3fgddV4
Since we are getting to him near the end of our raid sessions when we practice on him, here's a general refresher. Our strategy is somewhat different, but this does go over each ability he does and their mechanics -- thankfully 25-man is way more busy than what we deal with, but the general movement patterns for his attacks match up in most of it.
-reminder: on sonic breath, melee moves counter-clockwise around him, and stays formed up on me. On the sonic disks, move clockwise (if possible) and avoid the disks in total.
Gong in ground phase is used for searing flame, not sonic breath.
Citrus Samaritan
Ktulu
Main: Estona
Alt 1: Shuraba

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 02:01 -0700

One thing that I noticed from watching the video - that hasn't been mentioned in raid (to the best of my knowledge) - is that Sonic Breath (ground) and Tracking (air) will target the person with the highest sound. I know DBM shows me a "high sound" list (although that may just be people with that particular bossmod. I dunno), so it is possible to predict (barring someone standing in fire) who will get targeted. That person can start moving prior to the actual ability starts, so they can be away from the rest of the group in the ground phase, and already having a "running start" in the air phase.
Maxim 35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
Caldar
Sheep DoTing Extraordinaire
Main: Caldar
Alt 1: Nothing
Alt 2: Failure

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 03:04 -0700

Ktulu wrote:One thing that I noticed from watching the video - that hasn't been mentioned in raid (to the best of my knowledge) - is that Sonic Breath (ground) and Tracking (air) will target the person with the highest sound. I know DBM shows me a "high sound" list (although that may just be people with that particular bossmod. I dunno), so it is possible to predict (barring someone standing in fire) who will get targeted. That person can start moving prior to the actual ability starts, so they can be away from the rest of the group in the ground phase, and already having a "running start" in the air phase.
As far as we have been able to determine, this doesn't hold true. The sound level list is more useful to watch if an emergency gong is needed.
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:04 -0700

Early guides said it was based on the highest sound from PTR raids but as Cal said, this doesn't hold true on live. In fact, it rarely seems to target the highest sound person.
Image Image
Hanstall
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Hanstall
Alt 1: Shrane

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:38 -0700

Ktulu wrote:That person can start moving prior to the actual ability starts, so they can be away from the rest of the group in the ground phase, and already having a "running start" in the air phase.
As others have mentioned this is not true. However, there is valuable nugget in here. At the start of the air phase everyone needs to be running. You can't predict who is going to get targeted and by the time you realize it is you, you'll be a puddle on the ground. Once the initial air phase target is picked you can go back to your regularly scheduled healing or DPS while madly dodging things. This fight is about one and only one thing: dodging stuff. If everyone does that right you win. If one person messes up at the wrong time, you lose.
Relax its just loot.
Wait... forget I said that. It's loot!
Here let me link it in case you forgot the stats.

--Tinkerballa of The Guild
Quinafoi
Actually uses the Forums
Main: [armory]Quinafoi[/armory]
Alt 1: Quinasuivre

Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:14 -0700

1. Everyone should have a speed increase for this fight. If you do not have an ability or talent of your own which increases your speed you should have a speed enchant/meta gem. Without it you won't be able to outrun the fire even at its lowest speed and it speeds up over time so any distance you can build up at the start helps. Cloth dps get boots from Ramkahen reputation, they can easily buy a second set and put a different enchant on it (Earthen Vitality) as an example.

2. When the boss takes off, everyone should start running like you are kiting the fire. You do not want to have it pick you and not already be running.

3. When someone hits a shield during the air phase, that person will always be picked next (make sure only one person is hitting the shield).

4. Classes/Professions/Races with longer duration speed increases should be the ones typically hitting the shields. For example, a Worgen, Druid, Engineer would have four speed increases plus a passive 30% increase if they are feral. As a general rule I either have myself (druid) or Kard (worgen/rogue) hitting them because both of us have multiple speed increases.

5. The goal of the first kiter is to last until about 20-22 seconds left in the air phase. So that the second kiter when they hit the shield can kite the remaining duration of the phase by using one of their more powerful kiting abilities (Dash/Sprint/Darkflight) to handle the remainder of the phase. If one of these kiters is picked first they can kite longer at the beginning of the phase and you can hold off hitting the shield until about 15 seconds left in the phase and follow up with only a minor speed increase (such as Stampeding Roar or Body and Soul). If you have a leatherworker, Drums of Speed do still work at level 85. External speed increases like Body and Soul or Stampeding Roar can be helpful if you are able to get them on the kiter.

6. When a shield is hit in the air phase, wherever the fire was will create a straight line of fire to the shield that was hit. Ideally you want to hit a shield on the same side as the fire to prevent it from crossing the whole room whenever possible.

7. You can kite the fire back in the area where the boss spawns from, however you don't want to corner yourself back there. Doing so shortly before a shield hit or right at the end of the air phase though can help to get some of the fire out of the room itself.
Zsarilya
Actually uses the Forums
Main: [armory]Zsarilya[/armory]
Alt 1: Elistrya
Alt 2: Ilyeina

Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:39 -0700

Thank you guys for all the tips.
Orin
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Orinpaleeye
Alt 1: Lightsear
Alt 2: Fiadfiel