Announcing MCA KSD: The Sequal

Moderator: MCA Moderator

Grafte
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Grahff
Alt 1: Grahften
Alt 2: Graften

Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:38 -0800

KSD has been changed to Kill Sartharion Dead.

When: Invites will go out immediatly after the finish of the Shrieky Obsidian Sanctum Raid, we will try to start by 8:15 at the latest.

Hosted by: Grahff - Raid Leader, Hanstall - Co-raid leader

Who: First priority of invites go to those who were with us on the impromptu OS raid last week. Next priority will be members of the Shrieky 25 man raid followed by general members of the MCAlliance. Reserved status requires attendence of 3/4 raids, as such it can be obtained on the 3rd week of raiding.

Why: Sartharion is there...we might as well like....kill him..or something.

How: This is a quick raid intended to kill Sartharion, as such we will have roughly a 1 hour time limit. My hope is to do the fight with progressively more drakes up in order to get better loot. As such we will likely take at least 2 shots on the fight with 1 drake up this week. For the first two weeks loot will be handled on a Need before Greed basis, with 1 Need roll per week. On the third week once members become reserved, only reserved will be allowed to use a single Need roll per week. Reserved, Non-reserved and subs, will be allowed to roll on as many items for Greed as they can actually use. The bag will can be needed by anyone who does not have it, and the spoils are the door prize anyone who did not win another item is eligible to win the spoils.

Please announce if you are going to use an item for RP reasons, or for offspec, and pass said item if someone else will use it for their main spec.

I look forward to raiding with all of you on Wed night, please post here if you are interested in coming.
Last edited by Grafte on Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:01 -0800, edited 2 times in total.
‎"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr. Seuss
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:41 -0800

I'm interested, but I didn't go last Wednesday (I didn't realise there was a ten man until after the fact).
Image Image
Grafte
Actually uses the Forums

Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:44 -0800

Tanks:
Grahff - Prot Pally x-x-o-x
Hanstall - Prot Warrior x-x-x-x

Healers:
Renitoor - Resto Shammy x-x-x-x
Tayzian - Holy Priest x-x-o
Ayalynn - Holy Priest o-o-x-x

Melee DPS:
Alhena - Arms Warrior o-x-x-o
Alj - Ret Pally x-o-x-x
Tziva - Rogue x-x-x-x

Ranged DPS:
Oldmajor - Hunter x-x-x-o
Sambor - Mage x-x-x-x
Mortigern - Warlock o-o-x-x

Interested Subs
Sterfal - Hunter x
Araphiel - Elemental Shammy x-x-x-x

*Raid roster updated as of 2/5, this raid now has reserved members.
Last edited by Grafte on Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:54 -0800, edited 11 times in total.
‎"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr. Seuss
Jacori
Main: Jacori
Alt 1: Zylca
Alt 2: Jaidas

Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:04 -0800

Araphiel joined last week. I'd be interested in continuing on.

I also have a few alts that could be available based on group need.
Hanstall
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Hanstall
Alt 1: Shrane

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:18 -0800

Some people asked me about combat stats for last night's run. They might help analyze our attempts at adding Drakes. WWS reports are at:

01/28/09 - Sartharion + Tenebron Attempts - http://wowwebstats.com/6wfdkzmjsoaru
Relax its just loot.
Wait... forget I said that. It's loot!
Here let me link it in case you forgot the stats.

--Tinkerballa of The Guild
Lethnon
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Lethnon
Alt 1: Aldanor
Alt 2: Darron

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 01:57 -0800

I didn't realize I was a sub, as I have attended every 10 man we have run and willingly dropped out last night to allow others time. To be honest, I am not interested in being a sub because I like to know my plans.

Therefore, I hereby drop out.

To be honest, I feel I must speak out on how this went down. To begin with, when this raid first formed, no mention of sub status was ever discussed. Yet over-inviting occurred. Also, even though I have attended every raid, there are some people on this list who have not made every run, yet maintain a regular status. To me, this looks poorly like a clique. I simply don't have the time, strength, or desire to deal with drama, and it looks like exactly that. So in the interest of peace in MCA and in my own life, hasta la vista.
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 02:33 -0800

Leth, if you want a spot in the raid, you can totally have mine. I didn't realise that anyone who genuinely wanted in wasn't getting a spot, or I would have stepped out for you last night. I kinda got the impression at invite time that everyone who really wanted in was getting in. Admittedly, that could just be me assuming the kind of casual "sure, hey, join us" atmosphere we had in the original KSD (I don't think there was ever a 'reserved' list posted it was just sorta whoever wanted to come on whatever toon... did).

Anyway, I'm glad to step out for you. I'm just there for the fun (not that I wouldn't mind the bag and badges ;)); I don't have my heart set on anything there.
Image Image
Grafte
Actually uses the Forums

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 03:35 -0800

Bah, this was a miscommunication on my part, partially due to the fact I waited too long to update the roster. I also wasn't sure if you wanted a reserved spot because of the time. Anyway, please accept my apologies and I will send you a tell and we can work this out.

Grafte

-Dr. Seuss
Grafte
Actually uses the Forums

Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:06 -0800

Since Mordania has virtually left the game, I am removing him from the list. Good job on Twighlight Assist last night.

As a sidenote, this raid now has reserved members and only those members who are reserved are allowed to roll need on an item. The exceptions to this are the bag, who anyone that does not have may roll on and the spoils which are may be rolled on by anyone not recieving another item.

-Dr. Seuss
Hanstall
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Hanstall
Alt 1: Shrane

Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:06 -0800

Combat stats for our Sartharion + 1 Drake 1-shot last night are at:
http://wowwebstats.com/6nqurdufagwxc?s=21216-37331&m

Tenebron was up for 2:11, so Vesperon would have landed 11 seconds before he died.
Relax its just loot.
Wait... forget I said that. It's loot!
Here let me link it in case you forgot the stats.

--Tinkerballa of The Guild
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:29 -0800

Well, if Grafte switches me to DPSing the drake, I think we would be able to kill him before the second lands. My contribution last night was almost exclusively to the Lava Blazes to help keep Grafte up through the enrages. I barely scratched the drake, so that's like having one less DPSer. I think even without sunders, I could still probably hit 3k on the drakes if I was totall ignoring the addds.

Of course, we'll have to try it and see. If it's too hard to keep Grafte alive without me being poison monkey, we can probably deal easier with the DPS loss than our healers going OOM.

Not to say that I don't want to DPS... I just want to be successful more ;)
Image Image
Grafte
Actually uses the Forums

Fri, 20 Feb 2009 05:59 -0800

Araphiel is stepping down from the raid, the time no longer works for her.

-Dr. Seuss
Grafte
Actually uses the Forums

Sun, 22 Feb 2009 05:15 -0800

Ok KSD will start trying to do a second Drake this week by adding Vesperon 2 minutes into the encounter. Alhena cannot be on until about 9:15 pm, so we will form up as soon as the 25 man ends, and try to clear the trash and Shadron by then.

The first trick is that we much have Tenebron finished off by the time that Vesperon lands, everyone who can should focus on dps'ing Tenrbron to make sure this happens. Hopefull we will have most of his trash cleared as well. Vesperon will have a buff that will add 25% life to both him and Sartheron and reduce everyone's health by 25%. He will also cause both himself and Sartheron to hit 25% faster for 25% more damage. We will attempt to dps him down as fast as possible, going into the portals as soon as they appear, and ganking the living crap out of the acolyte inside. Healers will have to stay outside the portal, so the dps will be on their own inside. Alj will judge light on the acolyte, and most likely either he or Hena will "tank" the mob inside. His hits are trivial, but he does put up a damage shield that is unpleasent.

You can read all about the strategy here

This is a rather longwinded explanation as it encompesses 0,1,2 and 3 drakes for both 10 and 25 man, so I have given you a quick runthrough here. I am going to go dig for a good video, if anyone has one please post it for us.

This raid will end no later than 10:15, so if we do not have have a kill by 10pm we will attempt to get a one drake kill with only vesperon up.

-Dr. Seuss
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:38 -0800

Just a reminder, I am likely going to bow out of KSD tonight after Dragon Crusade finishes. We leave for our mini-trip first thing tomorrow morning and I haven't even packed yet *sheepish* I declined on the calendar, and I'm sure you can grab Billey or Sterfal or whoever to sub in for me this week. I'll be there next week.

Good luck!
Image Image
Billey
Sqvid!
Main: Prya
Alt 1: Recliner
Alt 2: Billey

Wed, 25 Feb 2009 06:45 -0800

Have fun, be wary of carp
The most notable way to tell the difference between a conventional catsplosion and a thermonuclear catsplosion is its use of metaphor. Whereas the former is caused by cats going into figurative heat, the latter is caused by cats turning into literal heat.