Ulduar 25 Meta - Anyone Interested?

Moderator: MCA Moderator

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Sun, 17 Oct 2010 03:51 -0700

Yeah, no worries Jaya ;) I know from Pie that you're good about responding to invites.

I just know some people tend to forget to respond, and I want to make sure I have it planned so I don't have to recruit people after start time.
Image Image
Bormach
Main: Arlereth
Alt 1: Shandal
Alt 2: Bormach

Sun, 17 Oct 2010 06:10 -0700

I'm interested... but yeah I cant commit at this point :(.. if im on i'll offer myself as sub/fill in for sure on whatever needed dps/heal/tank

bor
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:16 -0700

So, we have more than enough people on the calendar now, although a great deal of them are tenatives, aren't sure if they will be available, or just haven't responded to their calendar invite yet.

I want to let people know that priority on invites will be given to those who accepted their invites sooner, particularly if they are DPS (since we don't have very many confirmed healers, they'll have a little more leeway). Once we have 25 accepted, everyone who hasn't answered is going on standby, even if you signed up first. I don't want to have to rely on the tentatives/no-answers being available (since that usually means pull time will have rolled around and we're short a bunch of bodies), so I'm going to plan around the idea of them not being there and overrecruit. A no answer, to me, is a decline.

So again, to reiterate: please, please, please, please, please respond to your calendar entry. It makes my job much easier, and planning a 25man PuG is no walk in the park. It is frustrating and, frankly, a little rude for people to just ignore the calendar. If you aren't sure, hit 'tentative' and flip it when you know.

A few of you have already communicated with me (here or in game) that you are tentative and I appreciate that.

Anyway, there is still a week left to respond. I am just putting this out there now because I know from experience that the majority of unanswered calendar invites are people who don't bother responding in advance, not people who are just waiting until they know their schedule.
Image Image
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:38 -0700

Reminder that this is this coming Tuesday. We have a lot of tentatives and I've flipped some late-signing-up DPS to standby, but hopefully we can get enough of the right roles to make it work. Mainly I am concerned about having enough healers since a lot of ours are currently tentative. We should be able to get 25 people no problem, but I want to make sure we have enough heals.
Image Image
Jaya
Main: Jaya
Alt 1: Elemenope

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:04 -0700

I put tentative. I'll be available about 20 minutes late if for some reason you aren't full. Don't wait up on me, I already have the first wing done. If there's not a spot for me, no worries. I probably should be unpacking anyway ...
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:49 -0700

Thanks for the update, Jaya, appreciate it :)

For everyone else, if you are currently marked 'tentative', please try to flip your invite to either 'accepted' or 'declined' today. It will help me a lot tonight when I'm doing invites; I likely won't have the time or ability to track you all down and ask. I have to work out healers (we only have four accepted but at least three who are 'tentative' so hopefully at least a few can make it), and also figure out how many of the DPS on standby we can bring.

I have plans tonight so won't be home until right before invites. Advance planning and not needing to PuG people is going to make the difference in how fast and successful we are so I'd like to get as much of that smoothed over in advance as possible.
Image Image
Reyz
Main: Reyz

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 04:53 -0700

Am I correct in assuming that the 2nd and 3rd will be of November? If so, I would be interested in going then, that is, if I can get my new comp up and running this Thursday/Friday.
"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible will take a week, ten days at the most."
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 05:02 -0700

Yeah, we're running tonight, tomorrow, and then next Tuesday and Wednesday if needed.
Image Image
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:45 -0700

Good job tonight, despite some slowness filling spots/afks/disconnects and the ungodly amount of time that Flame Leviathan takes to set up.

We will start tomorrow with Crazy Cat Lady and then get Hodir, Thorim, Freya and work on Firefighter. I vote for being awesome and getting Mim so we can also get General.

I'll try to be better about giving healing assignments.

We need two healers for tomorrow.
Image Image
mlancas3
Main: [armory]Nikaara[/armory]
Alt 1: Temuljin
Alt 2: Ylessa

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:38 -0700

I'm not certain I'll be available to attend tonight's raid. In fact I'll decline when I log in in a brief moment so you're not guessing/waiting.

Trying out for a Line Cook position at a new restaurant. That said, I'm not certain if I can make it next week as well. If you do send me an invite on the calendar I should be able to know after a few days whether I get the job or not. More importantly, I should know what my schedule would look like by that time as well.

Sorry for the change in plans. I do wish you all the best however and thank you for giving me the opportunity to join you last night. Future congratulations for everyone's Ironbound Proto Drakes!
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:53 -0700

Thanks a bunch for coming and helping last night at the last minute :)

Good luck with the job.
Image Image
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:40 -0700

Great job last night everyone. Cat Lady took a strategy tweak and we had a bit of a late start, but we did well. Got Cat Lady, an easy one-shot of both Hodir and Thorim, and a successful kill on Freya in just a few tries. We also got enough attempts on Firefighter to make it into phase 3 several times.

Next Tuesday we will finish up Firefighter, knock off General (should be fairly easy), and work on One Light. Wednesday we will finish One Light (if we hadn't on Tuesday) and do Razorface. If there is time leftover, we should totally kill Algalon for the title.
Image Image
Aluminar
Main: [armory]Eryf[/armory]

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:29 -0700

Are we going to have any keepers help us with Yogg? Be fun to see someone win [item]Mimiron's Head[/item].
Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:41 -0700

Well, the plan was just do to One Light, but I suppose we can try it with no keepers and I can call Thorim out later if needed. It really will depend on the time we're making.

Unfortunately, Yogg+0 (and even +1) is still fairly hard because he has a lot of mechanics that can't be brute forced with overgearing. We will have to really be on our game, in addition to the massive overgearing.
Image Image
Hanstall
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Hanstall
Alt 1: Shrane

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:52 -0700

Yogg+0 requires a completely unique strategy to deal with spreading the adds correctly for each beacon. It also adds a strict soft enrage timer. In other words it is much harder than Yogg+1 both in terms of pre-fight strategy setup and execution required.

Yogg+1 on the other hand just requires everyone to do what they already do for a normal Yogg kill a bit better.

Since you don't even get to see the hard part of Yogg+0 until the final phase, I'd really suggest we spend our time on One Light.
Relax its just loot.
Wait... forget I said that. It's loot!
Here let me link it in case you forgot the stats.

--Tinkerballa of The Guild