Ulduar 25 Meta - Anyone Interested?

Moderator: MCA Moderator

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:08 -0700

Okay, you obviously have more knowledge then me on Yogg+0 so I going to agree based on that information.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:56 -0700

I am having video issues and am doing everything I can think of to resolve it. However, at this point I have exausted all my ideas and just am repeating the same things over again in hopes they finally work.

tl;dr I dont know if I will have the ability to play this coming week. I will reschedule accordingly if so.
Image Image

mlancas3
Main: [armory]Nikaara[/armory]
Alt 1: Temuljin
Alt 2: Ylessa

Tue, 02 Nov 2010 05:12 -0700

I'm available Tuesday night, and likely Wednesday as well. No work tonight (Tuesday), and I am on Prep tomorrow, so I go in early. Historically, that has meant I am home around 4:30-5pm server time.

Looking forward to going slightly Insane with you all at Yoggy, if you have room for me.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 02 Nov 2010 07:26 -0700

Should be; I'll pop you on the calendar.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:29 -0700

Well, was a bit rougher than I had hoped or expected but on the last attempt of the night, we got Firefighter.

Tonight we'll knock off the General -- who should be pretty easy -- and get started on Yogg. The things about Yogg that are hard are all the same things that were hard when we did this originally. Please rewatch or reread a strategy guide on Yogg if it's been awhile since you fought him (or haven't at all). We're going to be sending Thorim in to help us. That means, among other things, we will not have sanity wells from Freya. That means it's very important people watch their sanity closely.

Yogg is still a pretty hard fight, even with overgearing. We need to be good about handling things and we need to stay alive and not get mind controlled. Play it cautious: DPS is the one thing we're not weak on.

Dispels

As a reminder to everyone: dispelling is one of the most important aspects of this fight. Everyone who can remove debuffs needs to have their raid frames up so they can help dispel. This includes DPS, especially in the brain room, but also there are times when you are just running and not DPSing and can help by toss out dispels as you run past. A large percentage of damage done in his fight is from DoT debuffs which means if we get them off fast, there is less to heal, which means healers should prioritise dispelling. These DoTs not only hurt people, but some drain sanity, keep people out of the brain room and prevent people from executing necessary mechanics.

If you don't normally dispel much or you're one of those people who always gets "beat" by faster dispellers, time to fix it. If you need an addon like clique for fast mouseover dispelling or something like decursive, pick it up, or else write a mouseover dispel macro so you can help dispel over unit frames without losing your target.

Also, make sure you update your raid frames to reflect the dispels you actually know post-4.0.1. Some classes gained new dispels and lost others.

Phase 1

Don't die to the cloud boss. That's just embarrassing. I suspect we will do most our wiping in phase 1 due to cloud touches. Every time I've gone back to do Yogg since Ulduar, the cloud touches have actually been our biggest enemy. Prove me wrong by not getting hit.

Clouds move very slowly, so you should not get hit. Don't hug them and risk it, move away early. There is nothing that could be so important that you can't stop doing it and move away. Stay near the group, but away from the clouds.

Don't touch clouds. Don't touch clouds. Don't touch clouds. Don't touch clouds.

I'm going to keep most of the melee out (I may put a couple of us in with the tanks) and leave the ranged responsible for killing the adds. I think due to overgearing, we should be able to do this without the ferrying method, but if necessary, we'll swap to that.

Brain Room

I assigned brain room very carefully based on dispellers so we have total coverage and one dedicated healer. That means if you're a DPS who can cleanse, you will need to help out in the brain room (excluded: Zartuck).
yogg ports 25.png
Please take the portal you're assigned each and every time.

Do not get mind controlled. Leave the brain room with 5-8 seconds to spare for safety (it will still take two brain phases even at our gear level) and turn away from the purple beams while killing tentacles.

People Up Top

In all phases, but especially for the people up top, it is paramount that people stay close together within range of the healers and dispelled and where the other DPS can break you out if you get snatched by a constrictor. Kill constructors fast, work on the other Crushers and Corruptors. We can't have more than one crusher up for long. Remember, do not be in melee with the crushers. This is not just a message to melee but to ranged who stand too close to it and anyone running by. They will punch your face in if you're in in their smacking zone.

Phase Three

We're going to try having ranged on the adds and melee on the boss and see how that goes.
Last edited by Tziva on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:38 -0700, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:37 -0700

If anyone really really really does not want to be brain room, let me know.
Image Image

Dulcea
Actually uses the Forums
Main: [armory]Dulcea[/armory]
Alt 1: Kalistaa
Alt 2: Cassalynda

Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:15 -0700

Bitey eye teeths!
Meddle not in a Dulcea's affairs for you are crunchy and my owl is hungry.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 08:48 -0700

So I added another week to the calendar to work on Yogg.

phase 1

I am not sure about the issue with Sara healing herself. I tried googling for other people experiencing the same issue and couldn't find anything on how to get around it. I did see that Quin was nice enough to put up a bug report on the forums about it, but I suspect even if we get a response, we won't get a solution.

We might try what we briefly talked about last night and try stacking a few of them them up and then killing several at the same time, to make her drop in bigger bursts. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to do. We can keep trying to push through it but unfortunately that means we end up with extra guardians which makes the transition to phase 2 a little rough.

braaaaaaaaains

Although we only got to phase 2 a couple times, we seemed to be having some real trouble in the brain room. The tentacles were just not dying. At first I thought this was a case where everyone was going to the same place and ignoring some, but the attempt after I had assigned people was worse; we all went insane before the gate to the brain had even opened. I noticed some people were not going for tentacles at all (although this may have been a situation similar to mine where I entered the room with so little sanity left, I couldn't risk facing the skulls even incidentally) which certainly doesn't help. PS - I'm swapping Therin with Chis for the brain room since Chis has ended up tanking. Will update image accordingly.

We need to push the brain to 30% after two or three brain portals. With our overgearing, it should only take two brain phases (three is fine though) even with only One Light, but we need to get into that brain room as soon as possible. To do that means burning down those tentacles as fast as humanly possible. Once we make it out of phase 2, it should be vastly easier. Thorim is the keeper that helps phase 3.

Anyway, if anyone noticed anything specific or was having troubles in there, let me know and I'll try to adjust the team or come up with a plan in advance (yes, I know it's super hard to kill the tentacles without getting the purple beam. It takes some pracitce). I may switch up portal assignments a little bit. Let me know if you'd rather be somewhere else in advance.

Up top

Ranged DPS (most of you): Constrictor > Crusher > Corruptor
Melee DPS (very few of you): Constrictor > Corruptor > Crusher

Crushers need to die as fast as possible. We can't have two up at once unless it's only a few seconds overlap while one is dying.

The constrictors should die so fast that they will take very little time away from Crushers. This assumes everyone swaps fast. Make a macro, turn on nameplates, do whatever you need to.

Make sure you stay together. Follow Han and Lith if you aren't sure where to go. They will be chilling need the Crushers.

Dispelling

Seemed great on my end. Thanks.
Last edited by Tziva on Thu, 04 Nov 2010 11:06 -0700, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 08:52 -0700

PS - Moon, are you coming back next week? Have you done brain on Silph? I might try to put more melee DPS into the brain and more ranged out for the crushers, but I want to only assign melee that know they can be there.
Image Image

Zartuck
Main: Arakene
Alt 1: Zartuck

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 01:47 -0700

For those of us who have never been in the brain room or for people like me who need a refresher I found this post. The maps the person made look good and there is a note in the forum thread that the skulls are not always in the same positions but the tentacles are in a fixed position. Maybe we can assign tentacle numbers for the brain room group.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7801&sid=1

Neherenia
Main: [armory]Neherenia[/armory]

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:14 -0700

Yeah, I'd just had Black Plague cast on me by a freaking corrupter when I entered a portal. Standing there stunned next to the brain room add for the duration ended up with my puppy dying. Poor puppy. =(

And the prior attempt that got to phase 2 had me getting picked up by a constrictor inside Yogg's giant head of doom the instant I came out of the brain portal. That was lots of fun. I think Quin was the only one who saw that.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:22 -0700

Neherenia wrote:And the prior attempt that got to phase 2 had me getting picked up by a constrictor inside Yogg's giant head of doom the instant I came out of the brain portal. That was lots of fun. I think Quin was the only one who saw that.
Yeah I heard you say something but I couldn't find you (I use nameplates too!).

I will assign brain team particular tentacles before next week.
Image Image

Hanstall
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Hanstall
Alt 1: Shrane

Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:36 -0700

FWIW, I uploaded the stats for the last two days to our usual place for MCA raid stats. Not too much has jumped out at me so far. As Quin said, Sara took 250,000 damage before she flipped rather than the 200k she's supposed to have meaning we had to blow up 10 guardians rather than 8. It is somewhat worse than that though since the guardians spawn faster as time passes so by the time you wait for 10 guardians to spawn on their own and blow up on her, you've got 3 extra rather than the 1-2 extra you should have waiting for 8.

Another idea is to purposely spawn 1-2 guardians in the beginning like we used to do in Pie. If we have to get to 10, at least we should be able to do it that way before the spawn rate gets too high and hopefully only have 1-2 left after Phase 2 starts.

Another thing we didn't stress is that brain room people need to stick together as a team whenever they are outside just like the people who stay outside. When you exit the brain room you all move together to kill nearby tentacles. You likely will not be near the outside group. Shortly before the portals open you move back to Yoggy together and then split off to run to your own portal. A paladin on each side should be the last one in to watch if any of the brain team needs to be freed from a Constrictor tentacle. No one survives this fight long separated from their group.
Relax its just loot.
Wait... forget I said that. It's loot!
Here let me link it in case you forgot the stats.

--Tinkerballa of The Guild

Paladiac
Main: Paladiac
Alt 1: Paladai
Alt 2: Paladiaia

Fri, 05 Nov 2010 04:11 -0700

Brain room for me:
Attempt 1 - the group as a whole was on the east side of the room, which was near my portal - unfortunately someone else took it, I tried to run around Yoggy finding another, but none left - so unable to do anything
Attempt 2 - group was on the west side of room, I ran over to the portal and got in, no problem, worked my tentacles (as I was assigned to turn right), but noticed (as mentioned above) that when tried to get into the brain room, it had a force field in front and could not get through with the others that were trying to get in. Guess I was fortunate that when we finally did get in, I got a couple hits and then hat to port out - no insanity - woo-hoo! I did not notice as I was hitting tentacles, that I had to stay facing the wall as the sane drainer appeared to be in the middle-ish area. I was knocked down a bit outside initially, down to 64% (not sure why), but was able to maintain the 64% until I got back out.
I will take a look a bit later at the thread mentioned above about locations for the sane drainers and tentacle locations, to try to prepare better for next attempt.

Jaya
Main: Jaya
Alt 1: Elemenope

Sun, 07 Nov 2010 06:19 -0800

I'll be out of town for the week. There's a small chance I'll be able to play from the hotel but I'll put down decline for now. If I'm in my room for the night by raid time I'll try to get on.

• Information