Ulduar 25 Meta - Anyone Interested?

Moderator: MCA Moderator

Jaya
Main: Jaya
Alt 1: Elemenope

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 01:52 -0800

As usual I'll reply to the calendar when I know my schedule. I'm definitely still interested and will be 85. I was unable to get Mimiron and General as well but I can worry about those another time, getting the hardest part done means I don't need to rely on my next group to finish Yogg.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 07:43 -0800

We will be doing General again but not Firefighter. [hide]For the breakdown, these is what I expect for the run:

FL - cleared in advance
XT - regular
Kologarn - regular
Auriaya - regular
Hodir - HM
Thorim - HM
Freya - HM
Mimiron - regular
General - HM

If I can get enough people together to clear more than FL in advance, we will. But I am hoping to at least have him down since he's such a time sink.

Hodir and Thorim hardmodes we should just get incidentally just due to being overgeared. Freya will do with the keepers up just because it shouldn't take any longer or being any harder at that level. In any case, if we mess up on these and don't get the achievements, we're just going to plow on. I don't want to take time away from Yogg and we're only doing these because they shouldn't.

General will unfortunately take us like ten minutes to do on HM since we have to sit and wait for the add to spawn, but since Meagana was with us for the whole run and only missed this one due to a family obligation, we're going to get it for him.

We will then spend the rest of the time on One Light. If we beat One Light with time to spare, we will do Algalon, but I'm not sure if that will happen since we're stuck reclearing the lockout.

Some people still need dwarves on Razorface. We should be able to do that with a small group, so if this applies to you, we'll make sure you get that done, even if we run out of time as part of the official run. Should just be a matter of getting a group of us and some friends together and cranking it out whenever.[/hide]

ALSO. For anyone else, if you missed the calendar invite, let me know. I copied invites off of a past parse since my original calendar entries were gone and I couldn't duplicate them. If I missed anyone, please let me know and I'll add you. It was not an intentional slight if you were missed.

If you know any friends that want to go, let me know. We will likely have space. Just so long as they understand we're not doing most of the earlier HMs.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:07 -0800

I'm trying to get a group to preclear this week so we can spend as little time on old stuff as possible. If you are interested in helping, please let me know. Right now, I am thinking tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Any help at all would be appreciated (I just don't want to risk the ID by asking strangers). Our health pools went up quite a bit but DPS didn't increase a massive amount, so I'm not sure how many bosses we can successfully kill with a partial group, but I'll be happy with anything that saves some time.

BTW, if you have changed roles/specs this expansion, please let me know. I'm trying to plan brain team in advance and I don't want to be sending in tanks or healers where we need DPS, and vice-versa.

Final thought: I am thinking of having Freya help us this time around. The massive health pools of tanks nowadays should make holding the adds in phase 3 much more doable while DPS burns down Yogg, and having the sanity wells will help massively in phase 2.
Image Image

Dulcea
Actually uses the Forums
Main: [armory]Dulcea[/armory]
Alt 1: Kalistaa
Alt 2: Cassalynda

Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:10 -0800

I haven't leveled Kalistaa (yet, she's this week), but Dulcy's 84 (and like 2 bubbles away from 85 if I am actually HOME tonight.) if you want the DPS, or I can do the offhealing thing too. Just lemme know what time tomorrow.
Meddle not in a Dulcea's affairs for you are crunchy and my owl is hungry.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:39 -0800

We cleared up to the keepers for next week. Thanks to the people that helped out, particularly those that aren't even coming next week.

We still have 4-5 spots to fill for next week if any of you are feeling nostalgic for Ulduar. It should be fairly painless and you'll get some hard modes. It would be awesome if you brought a toon above 80 but absolutely not required. I want a full team for the best chances at success.

We will probably end up doing all the keepers but Mimiron on hard mode just because it will actually be faster that way (although we're not going out of our way to do so). The General we will intentionally do on HM for Meagana, and he will unfortunately still take ten minutes. Then we'll work on Yogg and get One Light. If there is any leftover time between Tuesday start and Wednesday end, we will do Algalon for titles.

Note to priests who are coming: set up levitate in clique or as a mouseover macro. You guys are going to be responsible for saving the people who are still getting thrown into the air at a lethal height by bugged constrictors.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Mon, 03 Jan 2011 02:11 -0800

Reminder that this is tomorrow and Wednesday.
Image Image

Jaya

Mon, 03 Jan 2011 02:27 -0800

I'll be there tomorrow, about 30 minutes late on wednesday.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:33 -0800

Relative portal assignments for this week:
yogg ports 25.jpg
It may be shifted a bit if anyone has changed roles/classes. There are two unassigned spots based on who actually shows, preferably Nikaara and a mage or moonboots or something.

The little coloured box with a direction beneath the name indicates which section of tentacles you are responsible for. EVERYONE except the healer is required to help on tentacles; the speed at which the tentacles die will make or break that entire phase.
Image Image

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo

Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:51 -0800

"Other #1" is Belrodes
"Other #2" is Nikaara
Image Image

Aluminar
Main: [armory]Eryf[/armory]

Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:56 -0800

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and extra thanks to those who stayed late to help BBQ dwarves, and extra extra thanks to Tziva for putting it all together.

Shugotenshi
Main: [armory]Shugotenshi[/armory]
Alt 1: Maat
Alt 2: DeSavatt

Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:25 -0800

/seconded!
/extra extra seconded!

~T~

Jaya

Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:34 -0800

Grats to those who got drakes.
To those who still need some achievements, Malholis is going to start his raid back up on sundays at noon. I'm sure there will be plenty of hard modes since they're quicker now.

• Information