The Cauldrons require 5 of each type of flask:

Spirit Cauldron (1)
Starlight Rose 140
Aethril 100
Dreamleaf 100
Foxflower 100
Fjarnskaggl 100
Blood of Sargeras 1

To cover the raid for a week, assuming we carefully double dip (so half of the raid on the first cauldron double-dips, the rest on the second cauldron) we would need 6 cauldrons

Starlight Rose 140 x 6 =840
Aethril 100x6= 600
Dreamleaf 100x6=600
Foxflower 100x6=600
Fjarnskaggl 100x6=600

...Well, that's a crapload of stuff. Aethril and dreamleaf can probably be bought with raid funds, but Rose, Fox, and Fjarn (sounds like a band) have to be picked.

Herb Picking Tips:

Herb Enchant on Gloves: A must.

Demonsteel Stirrups: These puppies allow you to pick herbs and mount at the same time. Demonsteel itself is a pita, requiring the blacksmith to go to a special forge and each pair of spurs takes 16 fel iron and 8 of the cheaper ore. I'm sure our blacksmiths will throw some in the bank for the herbalists...Hell, I can contribute Ore. With gloves and the enchant, you can pick herbs while mobs beat on you. Tziva will probably also contribute the Leather Stirrup-equivlent which prevents you from getting dazzed. Don't grab this unless you're farming Starrose.

REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE: Demonsteel spurs persist through death but they do not--due to a bug--persist through FLIGHT POINTS. They last two hours so you are pretty much stuck riding manually between zones. You can go to Dalaran and back to your Hearth but DON'T get on a flight path unless the buff is almost worn out.

Oh, important note: If you have the engineer mount Harvester you don't actually need Demonsteel spurs. So probably there won't be a lot in the bank. I need them because I also mine but if you need them for mining the raid bank shouldn't pay for it.

Honestly, I've spent so much time on this and I think it would probably be better to buy someone a damn Harvester Mount rather than mess around with Demonsteel...

The Herbs:

First of all, get Aethril 3. It will take a freaking while--there might not be room in the bank for Aethril 3 and we might not have time for herbalists to be spending a lot of time on it. But when you get Aethril 3, you occasionally (like once every 5-10 herbs) get a free spawn. That can in turn spark a free spawn. It might be an interesting experiment to have 2 herbalists follow the same path since if both had Aethril 3 they might get quite a few spawns and you can pick out of the spawn of another guy with Aethril 3.

Fjarnskaggl is the most frustrating herb to farm. Not only is it in mountainous area, Fjarn 3 is all but useless if you have demonsteel spurs or the Harvester engineering mount. It's comparatively rare and only an Aetril 3 proc gives you extra.

Foxflower spawns foxes which run around and drop the flower, making the herb less obnoxious. But it's in freakin' Highmountain which is a zone that's as lovely as it is difficult to freaking navigate.

And then finally there's Starlight Rose, the name I can never remember even if it's easier to say that Fjarnskaggl. You get only ONE rose when you pick--and then ONLY if you have Starlight Rose 3, which is a mother$%@!er to get. Otherwise, you get Starlight dust, a gray vendor worth coppers. Save 20 of that dust because you'll need it to spawn the boss if you get lucky enough to get Starlight Rose 3, which you won't, until you've completely given up on it.

And yet, the flower is simple to farm. If you can mine, you'll pick up lots of ore.

Bellow are some recommended routes. I will completely swear by the Starlight rose route. But if you see a spider, try to decide if the herb is worth the trouble. They web, they slow, they suck. It might be less super for a non-dps, hard to say. Lots of things you sometimes have to fight because they dismount you but it's possible you can ride right through (I also mine so I sometimes have to stop and kill things since I can't mine as fast as I can pick). The Aethril rose is safe and simple.

http://www.wow-professions.com/farming/ ... gl-farming

OK, sorry for the long post. Don't be picking herbs without a way to stay mounted and without the glove enchant--you'll waste too much time.

Caldar
Sheep DoTing Extraordinaire
Main: Caldar
Alt 1: Nothing
Alt 2: Failure

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:33 -0700

I was actually going to buy a Sky Golem yesterday because I thought it would be handy to have.

They sell for about 35k-50k on the AH. Was one for 36k yesterday but it was gone before I remembered to buy it. Now some assface has one up for 250k.

Tziva
Requires a pet hippo
Main: Tziva

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:20 -0700

Don't buy one, I might hve some of the mats already (or in the guild bank). Can always buy for the stuff I'm missing.

please don't buy one, they are not that expensive to make. (I made myself one and I never made myself the two engineering rockets from cost, and I didn't make the Chopper until Mists, if that is any indication)

Edit: the mats are not that bad, most expensive is the x30 living steel but the cooldown item means it will take me 30 days to make one.
Image Image

Caldar
Sheep DoTing Extraordinaire
Main: Caldar
Alt 1: Nothing
Alt 2: Failure

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:27 -0700

The only real annoyance for making them is that you need 30x Jard's Peculiar Energy Source and you can only make one per day.

Also I would expect D has one, but since he dual gathers (mine/herb) the stirrups are better because you can't mine in the golem.

Demia
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Demeia

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:35 -0700

Cal, I bought you one for 45k and sent it to sinister. Pay me back whenever or we'll ask the raid to pay for it.

Demia
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Demeia

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:40 -0700

Yes, I have the Sky Golem (which I've been wrongly calling Harvester) and I prefer Stirrups.

I think the leather no-daze leather barding may be better for non-tanks.

"What's the worst herb?" Eli asked me last night. The most time-consuming is Starlight Rose but today I farmed Fjarnskaggl and thought it was OK--but Foxflower just doesn't have a great route. It's pretty much my original complaint: High Mountain has so few flat areas they absolutely pack it with mobs.

I have mats for one cauldron and we have until next raid week to farm more. No point really in using them in Normal, we clearly outgear it. We might outgear heroic somewhat but we suck and we'll need flasks.

Right now I'm honestly just farming potions though getting level 3 would make that less of a pita.

Darsithis
Actually uses the Forums
Main: Darsithis

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:58 -0700

I luckily bought a harvester from Bal a few years ago so I'll be using that :D I'm going to start herbing today to contribute everything I can but my herbalist is level 100 with 0 upgrades.

• Information